God's Girls!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
God's Girls!

A place for christian girls to Chat!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

do any of u???/

Go down 
+5
littlemissfaith77
nile_star
redrosekiss09
Amanda
Jesusluvya4ever
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusluvya4ever
Jesusluvya4ever

Number of posts : 23
Localisation : wishing i wuz in HEAVEN... the mansion he has prepared.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2007 12:51 pm

do any of you read ur Bible every day or do devotions????
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolboard.niceboard.com
Amanda
Admin
Amanda

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-01-11

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 7:05 am

Our family has Family devotions every night but i usualy try by myself B4 i go to bed
Back to top Go down
https://godzgirlz.forumotion.com
redrosekiss09
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
redrosekiss09

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-01-12

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 8:52 am

i USUALLy do my devotions every day...but i occasionally miss sum days...
~Em
Back to top Go down
nile_star
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
nile_star

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-01-18

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:08 am

I try to do mine each day.
Back to top Go down

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 11:57 am

for me personally .. the bible's boring .... and really comfusing
Back to top Go down
redrosekiss09
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
redrosekiss09

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:45 pm

well...it may b confusing...but u need 2 take it apart & try & figure out wut God is trying to tell u.
Back to top Go down
Jesusluvya4ever
Jesusluvya4ever

Number of posts : 23
Localisation : wishing i wuz in HEAVEN... the mansion he has prepared.
Registration date : 2007-01-17

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 12:39 pm

ask ur dad or mom to help u. i break it apart verse by verse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.coolboard.niceboard.com

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 2:28 pm

yeah that wont work ... i'll ask they'll say ok we'll help you and then we wont have time so there's really no use
Back to top Go down
redrosekiss09
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
redrosekiss09

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 4:35 pm

ok...here's this thing i just learned...
'Don't read throu the Bible like a story book. Study it.'
If you need help i'm always here for you(and that goes to ALL of ya) But I have a lot of Christian adult friends that always help me find things. If you need help and I can't help I can ask them to help me figure something out. The one thing that IS nice is that they don't ask who it's helping, they just help me so I can help my friends. I usually go to Lisa but I go to Rebekah about certain things too. They are the 2 BEST people for helping me out. They've helped me SO much!!! And I KNOW they can help me figure things out to help you. (if that didn't make sense ignore it) But my thought would be to study something that you are interested. Disect it and read other passages about it. And if you have questions, just ask me.
Back to top Go down
littlemissfaith77
littlemissfaith77

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2007-02-10

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 8:50 pm

I agree with leana, the bible is confusing, its hard to read it religiously. I try, but I miss wednesdays usually because I have cheerleading practice. ugghh, I find so many problems with the bible.
Back to top Go down
kittens4christ
new girl
new girl
kittens4christ

Number of posts : 7

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:47 pm

cheerleading?! that is not god's way. i have seminary after school every day. i dont sell myself at sporting events.
Back to top Go down
littlemissfaith77
littlemissfaith77

Number of posts : 28

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:16 pm

kittens, I just like doing the acrobatics. If there was a bible study club I would join it, but cheerleading is the closest thing I could think of. All my christian friends are in cheerleading. And anyways it is only on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays.
Back to top Go down
mizzesjoejonas
mizzesjoejonas

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-02

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:03 pm

I try but im homeschooled plus i watch a 5 and 6 year old during the week so i really have like 2 minutes to my self so i try Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mizzesjoejonas.piczo.com
lilxmissxkacki
lilxmissxkacki

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-02-19

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 6:18 pm

i personally, read my bible in school. Yes I have gotten in trouble, but I just say, I HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT!. I Do, do devotions. My sister gives me her old books that she did not write in.
Back to top Go down
SignsofPoetry
SignsofPoetry

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-02-20

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Honestly, I am not good when it comes to reading my Bible and doing devotions. Sure, I've been reading since I was four or five, and I've been a Christian for just as long. However, I have not developed a good "quiet time" habit.

I have a stack of devotional books. A few are by Max Lucado; one tittle by Rick Warren, and a few additional tittles. I've never gotten around to finishing more than one devotional book. That is, I have never gotten around to actually answering the questions and applying what I have learned to my life. The only, partial, exception to this is the 40-day study of Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life during April and May 2006. Other than that, I find that I have a hard time getting myself into the habit of doing daily devotions.

While I used to tote a Bible with me wherever I went, I found that I did not read it as much as I could have, or as I should have. My NIV ripped one day at school, and I have yet to purchase a replacement. I still have an NKJV, a larger (though in semi-poor condition), NIV, a Message Remix, and an NLT New Testament on my bookshelf in my room. I hardly seem to read them.

Also, MizzesJoeJonas, only having two minutes to yourself is not an excuse, though I should not be one to give advice on a topic in which I have not been an example. For only a couple dollars at your local Christian Bookstore, there are "Two Minute Devotion" books. I own one for teen girls, and I believe there are some on other topics. If you spend only a few minutes a day reading the Bible and praying it is enough. God isn't asking for an hour of praying. He enjoys whatever time you spend with Him, so long as you spend the time willingly and not because you feel an obligation.
Back to top Go down
http://sufficientgrace.rapidboards.com
Sponsored content

do any of u???/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: do any of u???/   do any of u???/ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do any of u???/
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
God's Girls! :: Books & Bible-
Jump to: