God's Girls!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
God's Girls!

A place for christian girls to Chat!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pure fashion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*lysa*
*lysa*

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-02-02

pure fashion Empty
PostSubject: pure fashion   pure fashion Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 1:56 pm

http://www.purefashion.com/

Check out this website!!! Isn't it so cool!!! I want to go to the show in Washingtion DC and apply to be a model next year!!!

Fashion Show Clothing Guidelines
REMEMBER: This is NOT just a Fashion Show, and we are not just simply fashion models, we are ROLE MODELS!
Our goal is to show the public that it is possible to be stylish, cute, and MODEST!
All styles should flatter your figure, but not draw extreme attention to any certain area.
Shirts
the neck line should be no lower than 4 fingers below collar bone
no very thin or sheer material
may not be too tight in the bust area
should not allow the shape of bra to be seen in the back (if you can it's too tight)
can not be spandex or very tight shirts
the backs should be modest i.e.: no strappy backs, halter or missing backs -- Tank tops should not be modeled without a shirt, jacket, or sweater over them
Pants
should not be too tight, especially in the seat or the thigh area
should fit well, but not be "skin-tight", one should be able to pull them away from the leg
shorts should be modest- no very short and/or tight shorts; if you put your arms down straight at the side, and the bottom of the shorts is higher than your longest finger, then the shorts are too short. (Remember, we will be on an elevated runway and everything will look a bit shorter to the audience.)
take care to make sure there are no "panty lines" on stage. If necessary, wear pantyhose or a "thigh shaper" to hold everything in and create a smooth appearance in your clothing.
Skirts and Dresses
can not be very tight fitting (follow shirt guidelines)
should not have too thin of material and if needed a slip should be worn.
can be no shorter that 4 fingers above the top of the kneecap.
Dresses
must have a modest neck line (no lower than 4 fingers below collar bone)
no thin straps (such as spaghetti straps)
if necessary a dress with straps two fingers wide may be worn, if the whole dress is very modest...and no bra straps can be showing, but must be worn!
Final Notes
Undergarments should never become outer-garments, no exposed bra straps etc.
More Pure Fashion Guidelines
When buying clothes and dressing to express your dignity as a classy young lady:
Remember that first impressions are important. People who never get to speak to you or listen to you can still see you. How do you want them to remember you?
Remember that you live in many different positions, even if you are not in yoga class! You sit, stand, lean over, climb up stairs with people behind you, and sit at tables facing speakers, bosses or teachers. How do your clothes or lack of clothes appear to the people who are next to you, above you and below you in all your daily positions?
Blouses and shirts that are too loose can be as immodest as tight ones. If the neckline droops from your body when you bend over, guess what everyone can see? The body parts that your blouse was designed to cover! If the armpit is too loose, think about the view of the guy standing next to you - right to the inside!
Blouses that button sometimes have see through gaps between the buttons, so consider if there is a side view to the inside, this may not be the blouse to buy or wear. Or is it too tight and comes unbuttoned easily? You may need to wear a full slip or tank top underneath.
Lift your arms up over your head when you look in the mirror. Does your back or belly show? If so, you need a longer look or a layer underneath.
If you wear a skirt that is too short and go up stairs at work, church or school, guess what shows to the people behind you on the stairs? Then what else happens when you sit down? The skirt rides up and your upper thighs are exposed, or worse yet, your underwear can be seen.
Many of today's V-necks have plunged to all new "lows"! They can even become more revealing when worn by short or medium height girls. Layer your tops so that your private parts remain private.
If it is summer and you are wearing lightweight clothing, make sure that your undergarments are doing their job protecting your modesty. Try an extra lined bra for the months that it is too warm to dress in layers. If you wear light colored pants, how thick is the fabric and how loose are they? How solid is your underwear? Also, choose a bra that has a little padding to help disguise you when you are cold
Let your clothes be an advertisement of your dignity as a young lady. Be careful about dressing "grungy" even if it is modest. Typically, how you dress and how you act will correspond. If you're dressed "sloppily", you're more likely to act "sloppily". If you're dressed like a young lady, you're more likely to act like a young lady.
Finally, walk, stand and sit with dignity. Think of yourself as a person who deserves respect. Ask for it by the way you dress
Back to top Go down
http://alyssas-place.blogspot.com/
*lysa*
*lysa*

pure fashion Empty
PostSubject: Re: pure fashion   pure fashion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 2:56 pm

so, what do you guys think about it? Do you think it's cool?
Back to top Go down
nile_star
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
nile_star

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-01-18

pure fashion Empty
PostSubject: Re: pure fashion   pure fashion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2007 8:21 pm

Um, yeah, sort of, but it's not my style. I hate flowers and frills.
Back to top Go down
*lysa*
*lysa*

pure fashion Empty
PostSubject: Re: pure fashion   pure fashion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 2:09 pm

they aren't all flowers and frills. there's pants and not so frilly stuff thats modest.
Back to top Go down
*lysa*
*lysa*

pure fashion Empty
PostSubject: Re: pure fashion   pure fashion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:24 pm

wow I can't believe I wanted to do that... now I'm like wow I wouldn't want to do that... I guess i kinda changed my mind about the whole model thing... and my mom wouldn't let me do it anyways... but I still love the song on the site

Well it’s a new day
Oh, it’s a new time
And there’s a new way
I’m gonna live my life for thee oh yes
Passed away and the new has come
Praise God! It’s a brand new day

Looking back on yesterday there’s so much I regret.
Trying to put the past away but it’s so hard to forget
But then over the horizon, I see the dawn is drawing near.
And I realize the sun did rise, tomorrow’s finally here!

Well it’s a new day
Oh, it’s a new time
And there’s a new way

Sometimes when I wake up I think about the day before.
And all the things that I’ve done they keep knocking at my door.
Then, I look outside my window, at the glorious sunshine.
And because I am a new creation I can leave it all behind!

Well it’s a new day
Oh, it’s a new time
there’s a new way
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Admin
Amanda

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-01-11

pure fashion Empty
PostSubject: Re: pure fashion   pure fashion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:27 pm

lol aw.

i think it would be fun.

it's amazing how perspectives can change lol
Back to top Go down
https://godzgirlz.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

pure fashion Empty
PostSubject: Re: pure fashion   pure fashion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pure fashion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum