God's Girls!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
God's Girls!

A place for christian girls to Chat!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

February 08'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amanda
Admin
Amanda

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-01-11

February 08' Empty
PostSubject: February 08'   February 08' Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Newsletter
February 08’

-Modesty-
February 08' Feminine

Modesty, what is it?
The Exact meaning of it.
Modesty means: 1 : freedom from conceit or vanity 2 : propriety in dress, speech, or conduct.
In the bible in 1 Timothy 2:9 it says “also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety”
It’s hard to dress modest in today’s world.
Well. Okay it’s hard to dress ‘fashionable’ and stay modest.
But after reading some answers in a guys survey, really got me to thinking. And I don’t think its that hard after all.
Here’s part of the survey; [Keep in mind, guys are answering these]
Leggings under short skirts or long shirts? Modest or not?

“I think that leggings increase the level of modesty, but they are still tight, and if the skirt is too short, they do not help at all.” –Age 15

“This is a huge problem when a miniskirt and skintight leggings are combined. This draw so much attention to the curves of the thigh that it would be best not worn.” -Age 16

“It doesn't look very put-together and is kind of sloppy. Not to mention that it shows your legs just as if you didn't wear anything underneath so there is really no point.” –Age 13

Well what about knee length skirts?

“Bear in mind, there's a huge difference between a professional knee-length business skirt and a gauzy, easily blown skirt.” –Age 17

So do guys really take notice to whether I dress modestly or not?

“We most certainly do. I personally appreciate it when a girl is visibly making an effort to be modest. It heightens my respect for that girl greatly.” –Age 14

“Maybe a better way of putting it would be "guys notice if a girl dresses immodestly". The less modestly you dress, the more likely you are to have our immediate attention - but the less likely you are to have our admiration or respect. And trust me, you don't want attention without respect.” –Age 17

“I ALWAYS notice when a girl dresses modestly and am much more impressed by her than the girl that wants to show me her body” –Age 16

“Usually the first thing I notice about any girl I see is how she has dressed herself. When she has done so immodestly, it immediately creates a stumbling block for me. When she has dressed modestly, however, I am usually impressed - for modesty is so lacking in our culture.” -Age 18

Wow! Doesn’t that make you think?

So now you’re probably thinking. Modest clothes? Any suggestions?
Since this in our First newsletter I think what we’ll do is each month in the ‘modesty’ part of the newsletter post pictures or give links to modest clothing/fashion tips having to do with each season/month. Along with some good diet habits/suggestions.

http://www.katescamisoles.com/
Is a very good site for cute and fashionable camisoles to put under a shirt, if its just a bit too short or low-cut.

-Exercise/Health-

Treat of the month:

Tangerine Berry Smoothie Recipe
1⁄2 cup lowfat or nonfat plain yogurt
1⁄2 cup tangerine juice
1⁄2 cup frozen, unsweetened strawberries, unthawed
1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
In a blender whirl all ingredients together 30 seconds to 1 minute until smooth and frothy. Makes 1 serving; about 1 - 1⁄2 cups.

Yummy, Healthy too!

-Advice-

No advice asked this month =[
Be sure to ask your advice here
https://godzgirlz.forumotion.com/advice-f7/advice-for-the-newsletter-t67.htm
so your answer can be in next months newsletter.
Our advice girl’s name is Kara. So she’ll be answering your Questions.

-Reviews-
In this past months brio magazine a girl asked if it was still okay so watch/listen to Vanessa Anne Hudgens after her nude photo scandal. The girl who asked that question got a very good answer.
She was told, that just because Vanessa did those things does not mean you still can’t enjoy High school musical [1 &2] but you should cross her off your ‘potential role models’ list.
I thought that was a very good answer. =]

-Poems&Lyrics-

Like Everyone Around me [[a poem]]
By;;Kristen White.

I ask my mom and dad for the money they don’t really have;; to buy me clothes and shoes;; to impress everyone around me.
I spend an hour each day painting my face and smoothing my hair to look like everyone around me.
My bible rests on my nightstand—No time to read or pray;; but I have time to watch the shows and bop to the music of everyone around me.
I went out to the mailbox today in the pile was a magazine with pictures of everything I want;; and another one from a ministry with pictures of children who have no shoes.
They wear tattered clothes and rejoice for a bowl of rice, but their smiles glowed with a beauty;; unlike anyone around me.
It Struck me;;
I don’t rejoice.
I want.
I am anxious, discontent, jealous and insecure.
I let the Holy Spirit speak to me.
“Be like me;;
Be like me”
And suddenly I didn’t want to be like everyone around me.
I want to be like him <3

Wow! I found that totally inspiring!
Have any idea’s for next months newsletter?
Or even a poem or healthy exercise you would like to submit.
Message me and tell me about it.
Remember keep checking back on GodzGirlz for more updates!
And tell your friends.
Back to top Go down
https://godzgirlz.forumotion.com

February 08'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
God's Girls! :: Newsletter-
Jump to: